Thursday, January 9, 2014

Quick Update

I've been a bad blogger lately. There's so much I want to talk about but I just haven't been motivated or couldn't find the right words to get it out.

2013 was a crazy year. So much happened. It was a lot of work and long days and tears and emotions, but in the end it was completely worth it. My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary, to which several people congratulated us having made it through what they considered to be the hardest year. Everything should be smooth sailing from now on then right? :) We completed most of the remodeling in our house which was a PAIN but I'm so glad to have it done. We managed to squeeze in a trip so San Diego and LA in November with family. I managed to read 28 books last year, which I was pretty proud of. I love to read and tried to make a conscious effort to take more time to do so and was proud that I managed 28. I know for avid readers, that may not sound like much, but I averaged more than 2 books a month, and with the busy year we had, I thought that was pretty good. I've already read one book and start two more so far this year. I'm challenging myself to read 35 before 12/31/2014.

So what now? In 2014, I'm trying to get back on track to a healthier and more fit lifestyle. I tried and failed several times last year, only making it a week or so before going back to old habits. I'm already past that hurdle as I can say I'm on day 9 and have religiously stuck to my guidelines from My Fitness Pal and am already down 3 pounds. My ultimate goal is to lose 44 pounds. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to make it, but I can try right? This time I will not get discouraged and lose hope. I'm going for a lifestyle change, not a diet (or so I keep telling myself). My stomach has adjusted to my smaller portions and intake at least. Let me tell you, those first few days were like torture. I was so hungry. All the time. But I made it through and I'm already seeing results - on the scale at least. I finally bought the pair of running shoes I had been ogling at all year (it helped they were on clearance for 80% off) and am planning on trying to break them in soon. Now to actually get my butt in gear, put those babies on, and head out the door.

I'm also going to try to get back into regular blogging. Whether it's once a week or every two weeks, or even once a month, I don't want to ignore it anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis