Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My First Outing with False Lashes

Last weekend I went out to a Karaoke bar with some of my friends here in downtown Sacramento called Pine Cove Tavern. It was definitely a hole-in-the-wall type place, but it was very friendly and everyone seemed to be having a genuinely good time. I'm not one to sing, I'm way too easily embarrassed, but it was great hanging out with friends and watching them rock Wake Me Up and It's Raining Men. Since I wasn't bringing anything to the table vocally, I wanted to make sure I looked good just sitting as an audience member, so I decided to wear falsies out for the first time since I was in high school. It took me about an hour to get my makeup done because I wanted to make sure the lashes looked decent and weren't going to start falling off halfway through the night.

I decided to go with nude toned shadows since I have very fair skin. A dark smokey eye doesn't look great on me, it really washes me out, so I wanted the lashes and liner to be my focus. I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette in Soft & Smokey for my shadows (review coming). I used buff for my lid, shimmering sable in my crease very lightly, just for some definition. I forgot to take a photo of my own palette, so I had to find one (picture from google images) so I apologize for the quality.

Buff, Shimmering Sable, Shimmering Cocoa, and Matte Coffee Bean

I didn't manage any good pics of my whole face, so you're left with this one shot of my left eye, but overall I think they turned out very well. My boyfriend liked the look as well which always makes me smile :). I don't remember the brand of the falsies since I've actually had this pair since I was in high school...lol. I'm not one to throw things out when I know there's a chance I'll use them again. (I actually have about 10 pairs of all different varieties - hmmm maybe I'll do a post on them?).





I used 3 different liners to help blend in the lashes. I started with the e.l.f. cream liner in coffee and drew a think, winged line. I used Matte Coffee Bean from the Tarte palette to set the cream liner. Too Faced LashGasm mascara worked really well since the black shade matched the lashed almost perfectly and it didn't make my lashes clump, which helped to blend my lashes into the false ones. Once I applied the lashes I used e.l.f.'s liquid pen liner in Coffee to go over the liner and band from the lashes to darken the area and hide the band.

I think the look was a success, at least I was really happy with it! Will definitely have to do this again.

2 comments:

ShareThis