Friday, January 27, 2012

Strawberry Chobani Pops

In my quest to be the healthier me, I recently came across a tumblr blog through Pinterest called Undressed Skeleton. It's a blog made by a girl named Taralynn and it's about her story of making a choice to be a healthier person and how she's come a long way. Her story really is inspiring. She also has tons of recipes for low-fat and low-cal foods. A hard thing for me to get over is not having my sweets and she's found some great ways to get control of those cravings with things like non-fat Greek style yogurt mixed with sugar free Jell-O! I decided to make her Jello Chobani Pops with Fruit but my own way (you'll have to scroll down to find them on her page, there's no link to the individual recipe).


































Since her recipe doesn't list recipe amounts, I had to make mine to taste, and I don't have popsicle  molds, I decided to use cupcake papers. Here's what I used:

24 oz. Plain, non-fat Chobani Yogurt (3 small, 6oz containers)
1 packet SF Strawberry Jell-O gelatin mix
5-6 fresh strawberries, sliced

Yields approx. 15 servings

To make, I mixed all the ingredients together until well blended, then placed in the cupcake papers. I put a decent amount in each paper and I was able to get 15 out of it. Then place in the freezer. I made them at about 8pm and froze them overnight, and had one the next morning. I have never had Greek style yogurt before and turns out it's a bit grainy, but I can live with that! The mixture could also have maybe used another container (6oz) of yogurt because it is a bit tart, but I still like them. For only 26 cal. each, I'll take them! It was super convenient to just grab one and go in the morning as a quick breakfast on my way to work, then have my apple when I got here. The great thing about this recipe, is you can use virtually any combination of fruit and flavored jello mix to come up with any combo you want!

1 comment:

ShareThis