Monday, January 30, 2012

Purex UltraPacks Laundry Detergent Review

I was recently sent a pack of Purex's new Triple Action UltraPacks, a new form of laundry detergent! They're little packets of detergent, similar to what you can use in your dishwasher, but for your clothes!



What the fact sheet says: 
-New Purex UltraPacks are convenient pre-dosed liquid detergent packs that make doing laundry easier than ever.
-Purex UltraPacks manage to squeeze all the performance of [their] new Triple Action liquid formula into just one powerful pack.
-No more mess. No more spills. No more heavy jugs. It's laundry simplified.
-Each Purex UltraPack contains powerful 2x concentrated liquid detergent, giving each UltraPack double the cleaning power in every drop.
-Purex UltraPacks dissolve quickly once the washer is started - even in cold water.
-Purex UltraPacks are formulated and safe for all machines, including high-efficiency (HE).

As you can see from the photo above, I've used quite a bit of the samples up already! They're super convenient and mess free. When they're released, there will be a Mountain Breeze option and a Free & Clear. I love that there is a free & clear version since most laundry detergents with scents or dyes severely irritate my skin. They have left no residues on my clothes whatsoever. I also really appreciate that they dissolve in cold water, as well as hot. I only ever was my clothes in cold water (except whites), so this is a definite bonus! 

Something to point out, if you have a front-loading machine, put the pack directly in the drum with the clothes, not in the drawer as with traditional liquid detergents. In a top-loading machine, place the packet in the machine before your clothes so it can spend more time in the water dissolving. Sometimes I forget to do this and put it in on top of my clothes, and I haven't had an issue. 

I'm not sure how much these are going to be once they're released in February, but I can definitely say that I'm looking forward to picking them up. They're so much more convenient than traditional liquid detergent. Just like the description says, I don't have to worry about a heavy jug, or measuring cup, or spilling. Keep an eye out for them people! I'm telling you, you're going to love them!



Disclosure: Purex provided a free sample of their UltraPacks laundry detergent so I could write a review. However, all of the opinions expressed here are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT looks like a winner! You should have told me about these!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Lol, I think they're really neat and super convenient. I'm not sure on their exact release date but if I see them in the store, I'll let you know when and where!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis